Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Westward to... Ontario Place! And Bike fall #2 of the Season

Fall #2 with Bike. I have never had much luck with my bike when it comes to riding on gravel, dirt, or anything aside from hard concrete. Yesterday, I fell while avoiding walkers on the bike path (They did not want to share it!). On turning on to the grass, I hit a sandy groove just between the pavement and the grass...and lost control and fell to the side (thankfully the grassy end). Bruised my knee, back of my ankle (caused by my pedals I think), and I discovered after I got home, I also bruised my jaw. lol. I guess the silver-lining of it all is that this happened on the way back from my bike ride with my friend, so I managed accident-free all the way to Ontario Place, going along the waterfront trail.



Speaking about Ontario Place, lol I couldn't help but grin as I biked passed the area where I tossed away my sweatshirt from last years scotiabank marathon. I left it around the pole by the Ontario Place, thinking that it would be the perfect landmark for me to return later to pick it up. As you may recall, after that race, I was so tired, the thought of walking anywhere aside from the nearest spa/foot massage place was out of the question.

This is the view that we saw before we headed back, Toronto - such a beautiful place to live :)





So ending the evening, total distance covered: 22.57km! Includes post bike accident milage :P No pain no gain. I made it as far to my friends house and left helmet + bike there, got an ice pack, treated to a new drink: orange flavoured soya drink (Sounds strange, but actually tastes pretty good), and got a ride back home. Had to skip todays running (bruise on knee still hurt a bit), so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be in better shape to train.

T-17 days till the next event!

Been in talks with a friend about Spartan Race. Sounds crazy (IS crazy), but might be fun. In process of convincing another friend in joining. She called us crazy, but ... that's ok. I have a year to make her change her mind!


*grin* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment