Saturday, July 2, 2011

Todays long run went well, I did 16km instead of 15km. Pacing though was the same as the previous run, teetering between 4.6 to 5.1. I had a cramp around the 11km mark - not pleasant. Had to stop and massage, drink water and endure some regret that I didn't bring any e-discs on me. Fortunately I had some emergency clifshot bloks stored in one of my pouches. Did some stretching, had 2 clifshot bloks and downed lots of water (I discovered that perhaps 3 water bottles won't cut it afterall!), and proceeded finishing up my run. On my way back, I saw yet again the Magnum ice cream bar poster plastered at the side of a convenience store. Temptation almost got me. Sadly, I wasn't carrying any change on me. I really want to try it. The commercial actually had an effect on me...



Now it's break time till Monday's run. I think I should put some hill training in sometime next week. Even 1km worth would be better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment