Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!


My run today started far later than usual, @9:30am. This was despite the fact two alarms, one at 6:30am and 7:00am had gone off. It's like my internal clock wanted to take a holiday, knowing that it's the long weekend. Yay for Canada Day!

Speedwise, it has improved. I finished 8.5km within an hour. But in terms of consistancy, it was still a bit of a struggle to keep a specific pace. My average speed wavered between 4.6 to 5.1. I also realized that since I'm starting to do longer distances on my weekly runs, I should bring at least a bottle water. I was so thirsty. It didn't help that the sun was beating down on me. What did help was I wasn't alone on the boardwalk running - there were at least 10 - 15 other runners going through the same thing I was. One runner, in particular, stood out. I think I saw him 3 times in my route. Looking at him (yes, he was pretty good looking too *blush*), made me think: now that's intense, all geared up with a heart rate monitor, garmin watch, running belt, fancy runners. And drenched in sweat. Made me think, perhaps I wasn't pushing myself enough. I could do better. I just have to try. so.. perhaps its time to up the ante and kick it up a notch!

Happy Canada Day everyone!

Tomorrow, long run, 15km.

No comments:

Post a Comment