Sunday, October 23, 2011

Niagara Falls Marathon - Canada Runs for Japan ... No Go

I was so excited to do this run at Niagara Falls this weekend. It's the only one in the world that you start your run in one country and end it in another (States side!). Unfortunately, the cold that I caught from last weekend's run persisted, and I had to cancel this one. But while I didn't end up going, my team (Canada Runs for Japan) went. I hope they all got through it well!

I am hoping by mid this week I'll be well enough to start running again.

The weather from what I can tell is terrible - rain for tomorrow, rain for tuesday, and rain for wednesday. I might have to consider the treadmill. I don't look forward to it. Once you get used to running outdoors, running indoors becomes excessively... boring. The air isn't as nice either (smell of sweat!). On the brighter note, I can get back to watching my foodnetwork stuff. I'm just not too sure what to do with my long runs for the weekends.

My training schedule tells me I should be doing 28km... but doing that on a treadmill? That will be brutal. A friend suggested maybe switching to the Athletic Centre at U of T (Alumni, maybe a better deal?). They have track there. And then of course there is always Hart House (also a track). But then.. that would lock me into one location. I like that Goodlife gives me options.. not that I always use it, but it has perks (last weekend post-run shower!).

Alternatively, I can always consider running outdoors. Until at least till it starts snowing. I have about a month! And some. I can't believe October is ending soon. Hallowe'en is just around the corner.

Speaking of which, with $3650 to raise still for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (Goofy Race 2012!), I will be selling "Red Velvet Mini Cupcakes", with a hallowe'en theme to them. Get 12 mini red velvet cupcakes for only $10! 100% of proceeds go to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada.

Special thanks go to the amazing sponsors so far to date: Jeffrey Lam, Kaibar, Lucy Wong, Liana Li, Anna Do, Stephen Lavoie, Richard Tanha, Joyce Quan, Vina Ly, Lynette Le, Cousins, Michelle Wong, Mildred Avendano, and Susan Jong!

No comments:

Post a Comment