Tuesday, June 14, 2011



Today started off well, Did a 7km run in the morning :) Such a rarity for me to do one on a weekday - and just before work too! My initial plan was actually to head to the gym for a body combat class. However, as a person who loves to put the alarm on snooze control, that sadly didn't happen. In effort to make the best of it, I made my way to the beaches and did a quick run. The run went well, nothing much happened aside from the usual battle with my allergies. Oh wait, I did see a familiar face! There was this fellow that I always bumped into when I did my weekly long runs on the weekends. It was such a coincidence, such a small world.

I finished my run around 8ish, and grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading to work. Feeling rather accomplished, after work, I pushed myself a little further by doing a bike ride. I admit, my legs were a bit sore, but through my friend's (Jeff) encouragement, I managed to do 3 consecutive up hills on the bike. Mind you, I'm no pro at it, but I was quite proud to have made it up. This was the same hill that I had so much trouble at the beginning, the one I could barely manage to do once! Practice makes perfect :)


Afterwards, we biked our way back to the other end of the boardwalk where the rocks were. We explored some of the other paths and found the scenery there to be quite beautiful. We biked for a while, I would say about 10-11km, more or less, and finally called it an evening.

By the time we headed back, the sun was already setting, just starting to dip below the horizon. I forget sometimes how the simple things in life are the most beautiful. Just have to remember not to stare at it :P Black Spots are a side effect to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment