Saturday, June 18, 2011

Goodbye waterbottle...


Today I did my long run, 13.12km. I'm finally using my iphone's gps system, so accuracy of my results are getting better :) My run was only so-so today, woke up a little later than I wanted to (7am), so rushed my 'breakfast' quickly. I ate half a slice of bagel, with some peanut butter. I gave myself maybe about 15 minutes to let things settle before leaving my house to start my run.

I think about half way through my 13km, I started to feel cramps. Cardinal rule, you have to make sure you have time to digest what you eat. Sigh. lol. At any rate, nothing particular happened. Saw a lot of runners at the beaches. It was rather nice weather, so I didn't need to wear a sweatshirt over my tshirt.

There was though something that did happen to me when I was literally 2 minutes away from my house after finishing my run. I realized while crossing the road, that I was missing a water bottle on my belt. It was one of the ones that was secured at the rear. I was devastated.

Ironically, at that same moment I had turned my head (maybe out of an odd instinct) and looked behind me, to see a water bottle exactly like mine, just mangled and dirty lying in the middle of the road. I checked both ways before rushing back to pick it up, and also the cap, lying not far away from it.

Such a sad day. Goodbye waterbottle...what will I replace you with? I'm on a saving streak, so buying a whole new set may not be an option. We shall see how desperate I get as my milage increases :) So far, I've only been drinking from two waterbottles out of the four. Not sure if that's a good thing, but I'm sure for the events I participate in, I'll be able to refill before I run out. Or push my pacing up so I won't die of dehyrdation before the next water station ;)

-- Edit --

Added a 17.20km bike ride at the end of the evening (weather was just way too nice not to take advantage of). Slipped on some gravel at a turn :(
Got a nice shot of the city line at sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment