Sunday, September 13, 2009

First thing I have to say is, YAY! Thank you thank you wonderful supporters! Without you guys, I wouldn't have been able to reach my fundraising goal! =) You guys are the best!

Special thanks to my new sponsors: Bill Petruck, Marty Kobayashi, Lise Hansen, Richard Tanha, Diana Trac, and the anonymous people who kindly contributed to my little tincan :-)

Now to the running bit:
This weekend, :-( bad news came about with my knee again. Tricky little fella I have to say. It had not complained for the last two weeks of the long run training - 23km and 32km respectively, but on Saturday, having just run just a little past 10km, it faltered on me again. I was fortunate to be close to home (ironic since our new route passes my house), so I was able to head home straight away to to ice the knee. No sense in injuring it further since race day is literally at this point 14 days away.

The knee, as I iced it, was all red and inflammed. I applied some a535, did some stretching afterwards and it was not after I took a long nap that afternoon did it start feeling better. I was able to walk around and not exactly run, but trot about without any pain. This was a huge relief. Previously when I first had this happen to me, walking even hurt me. I took this as a good sign. This morning, did more stretching, and my knee feels good again - which means good news I can resume my training again! I am going to taper down with lower milages than the training schedule. My knee will be more happier, I'm sure. And a friendly visit to my doctor again for an assessment (just in case) of my knee too :-)

Tomorrow, I will do yoga ... 14 days ... in counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment