Sunday, June 20, 2010

First long run of the season



Seems like forever since I had run more than an easy 6/7km, but today, I finally felt ready to punch it up a notch and get back into my old long slow distance training weekends. Not easy I have to admit because I love sleeping in!
Admittantly, I did sleep in a little more than I wanted - got up for 7:00am instead of 6:00am.

Todays breakfast: Buttered bread with sunny side up eggs. I would have added the bacon if there was any...

I was out the door by 8:30am and off to the boardwalk.

My great plan for the running route was really lazy work :) I had been contemplating it greatly throughout the week: do I want to do the beltline? Sunny brook? Map out my own route? There's the nifty app called mapmyrun.com that would make that pretty easy... But on the friday I proclaimed to my coworker that, yes, my great plan was to basically run the boardwalk 3 times (which would make it 18km). Easy to measure. Refilling the gatorade will be simply with the purchase of a new bottle, and in my mind, point of purchase would have been from the little stand that usually sets up beside the volleyball area of the beach.

Plan worked out pretty well for the most part. Only part that did not work out was the refilling portion - the stand I had been hoping to be set up was not there, even the pizza pizza wasn't open yet. I forgot it was Sunday -- likely they opened up a little later into the day. I managed though to conserve whatever gatorade I had; next time though I would get some of those e-discs and have some plain water instead. and... those cliffshots. Jubes jubes that I dreaded to eat for the longest time since the marathon (over saturated! :P)

After finishing my 15km (though my intention was 16km -- missed my mark by 1km!), I did a quick check - knee? felt good. face? not burnned. hungry? Very!

Next week, I rejoin my team 'Fantastic Four' for a night hike up in Barrie! This one will be I'm uber excited (I get to use those super headlights again!). We've got about 5 weeks to go till the Oxfam Trail event!

I also want to thank kindly to some new sponsors: Kimberley Bailey, Anna Do, and my amazing cousins! Thanks so much for your encouragement and contribution! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment