Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holidays are here!

After seemingly a very long week at work, and a heart breaking Friday afternoon, I woke up this morning strangely motivated to run - despite the temperature being below zero.

I think I almost ran faster just to take my mind off things.

I didn't end up setting up my usual gear for the 12km run (water belt and electrolytes), and instead opted for a simple water bottle in hand, no breakfast, running gloves, and a regular toque (could not find my merino one).

At the start of the run, it didn't seem too bad, although I could see my breath in front of me, in terms of level of chill, it wasn't half bad. On the way back home from the run was a different story. I could feel the wind slicing through my sweatshirt (yes, I never really got that windbreaker I needed). Luckily with my 260 icebreaker base layer, I was still nice and toasty. I definitely don't regret getting a warmer one.

During the course of the run, I saw a few runners, and most unexpectantly, I saw some people decorate trees that were lined along the boardwalk. Maybe it's because I used to rarely (if ever) go to the beaches in the winter time, but it was the first time I saw this and I thought it was really rather sweet.

Imagine walking down the boardwalk in the evening, and all the trees were nicely lit up. Not all of the trees had the special treatment, but I assume it's because it's a work in progress? There's still a good two weeks before Christmas.

As I headed home, I saw the blue French Fries truck. It almost like a sign. If anything can make me feel better, it's french fries from the best french fries truck in Toronto :)


No comments:

Post a Comment